The 10 Commandments Of Football: Do’s And Dont’s For Pigskin Season
That’s right ladies it’s that time of the year again. You know that time when all of his attention is solely focused on the TV screen (unless it’s half time); where Sundays & Mondays become his favorite days of the week and he barely recognizes you unless you’re wearing his favorite team’s jersey (and still that’s only during half time…lol). Yes it’s FOOTBALL SEASON!!
Considering I suffer from the M.M.L.F. (My Man Loves Football) blues, I figured I would just enlighten you on a few rules you may want to add to the holy football policy.
The Football Commandments:
1) Thou shall NOT ask your man to clean up during the game! Clean up ahead of time or heck wait until afterwards, men don’t really care about all of that, their focus will be on the screen.
2) Thou shall NOT leave the kids (especially small kids) in the house with your man during the game.
3) Thou shall NOT hold a conversation with your female friends in the same room while the game is on.
4) Thou shall NOT wait until the game comes on to be affectionate with your man; it will not be reciprocated!
5) Thou shall NOT ask your man to run any errands between or during the game(s); chances are he will be stuck in line and will miss out on parts of the game. Not winning!
6) Thou shall NOT ask too many questions. Now is not the time to try and learn the game, you have the rest of the year to do so!
7) Thou shall NOT try to figure out why he loves football so much or take his obsession personal. *Remember, he didn’t sweat you about that new $250 purse you just had to have, so let it go.
8) For all of my “always right” sistas; Thou shall NOT try to debate with him about a pass or a flag if you don’t know anything about football. ANNOYING!
9) Thou shall NOT plan any other activities within the same time frame as the game. Check the schedule to find out what time your man’s team comes on and be sure he is home at least 5 minutes before.
10) Thou shall NOT complain if he decides that he wants to go watch the game with the fellas!
However, there is always a flip side to game night. Here are some of the “do’s” that our men would deeply appreciate!
1) DO sit down and enjoy the game with him even if you don’t know what the quarterback does; but be careful about those questions. (see commandment #6)
2) DO make sure you have plenty of wings, chips (or his favorite snack) and drinks on deck before the game begins.
3) DO initiate “game night”. Invite some of his guy friends and their significant others over for a football party. This gives you a chance to still spend time with your honey and socialize with the ladies throughout the game (in your own space of course).
4) DO feel free to schedule an outing with the children during the football game if you know you’re not interested in football.
5) DO convert all phone conversations to text unless you are going to another room. Trying to hear the football game and being noisy will only give him a headache…
Now, I would be remiss if I made the assumption that Football Season is just for the fellas. There are millions of chicas across the country that love the game just as much as the guys, just ask Jersey Girl Sports! The Atlanta based company has built a lifestyle brand dedicated to female sports fans…who says sistas don’t twerk the turf!!
Ok ladies, not you have your guide to a successful Football Season without having to risk your relationship! Fellas make sure you pass this around to all of your female friends and associates…EVERYONE should have a copy of “The Commandments Of Football”!
What Commandments would you like to add to the list?