I don’t know about you, but I love to eat! As I witnessed my weight spiraling out of control, I quickly realized that either I was going to have to stop eating or learn how to make better choices when I did eat. These days you won’t catch me going through a drive-thru because I’ve realized that the food was good for a moment. The guilt I felt after I ate seemed to last an eternity. Those days are long gone, and I’m glad about it. I made a choice to make an effort to live my best life now, and I hope to inspire you to do the same.
Rome wasn’t built in a day. I said that to say this “It’s going to take some time”. There are no quick fixes when it comes to doing what is right, but if you’re willing to give effort, you will see a change. If you are reading this, this is “Your Sign.” Today is the day for you to turn over a new leaf. Why don’t we call it ” Five Steps To A Healthier You”.
1. Clean Sweep - Get rid of any and every cookie, cake, candy bar, and snack food that you can find. If it isn’t in the home, then you’re less likely to eat it. Don’t you dare try to eat it all and promise to start on Monday, get rid of it now! You’re not allowed to use the “I have children” excuse either, because it’s up to us to lead them in the right direction. If your child must have a snack, then try allowing them to only pick out one every two weeks.
2. Sack Lunch - Pick two days out of the week that you will take your lunch to work instead of eating out. Here is the key, whatever two days you select, you must stick to.
3. Healthy Meal Night - Once a week have the family to sit down and enjoy a healthy meal together. Make it a group effort in planning the meal so that you will not catch them off guard. Assign each person or group to a category, i.e. veggies, protein, and carbohydrate.
4. Apple Project - Have you heard the adage “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Try eating an apple at least a one per day in order to introduce fruits into your diet.
5. Late Night Snack – No late snacking allowed!! Trespassers please beware, you will gain weight. If you feel overwhelmed with the urge to snack, do yourself a favor and go to bed. If that doesn’t work, go bed!
These are small steps to get you going in the right direction. We are committed to helping you build your body one step at a time. Keep us posted on how you are doing because your journey is important to us