An Open Letter to Women
Dear Lovely Woman,
I know that you have been working very hard lately and I pray that this letter finds you in great emotional, spiritual and physical health.
I have been watching you both up close and from afar. In fact, I have watched you and many of your lady friends and just wanted to let you know that I recognize that you are confused about me and other guys. What with how the world is going nowadays, I fully understand. Sometimes when I watch you in all of your feminine beauty I wonder what would make anyone not want you. It is also while I am watching you that I notice the look of bewilderment and sometimes frustration that comes across your face.
I want you to be happy so I thought I would tell you some of my observations from a man’s standpoint that may help you to not be as frustrated. Being that I did not notice a ring on your left hand nor did I see a ring on most of your friends left hand lets me know that this is not an issue that just you have. Just know, I am saying this in love and not at all in malice.
- Do not put deadlines on your life. We guys understand that women have goals, biological time clocks, etc., but so do we men and usually, our relationship time clock does not work as quickly as yours.
- Take me at face value. If I say I am not interested in what you are interested in right now, even if there is a real hidden meaning, I still told you all you really needed to know at that moment. In essence, we are not on the same page at this time.
- Do not believe in modern day relationship tactics if you have not been in a successful one lately. Catering to a man, stroking my ego and letting me THINK I am running something actually goes a very long way.
- Get to know ME, not my body. Find out what I am interested in, what my vision is, what my business plan or five year plan is. As a man, I am going to ask you about you, but it is in your best interest to know about me first.
- Whether you decide to give me sex on the first date or not is more a decision of how you are feeling about me at that time than what I may be thinking. Just know that whenever you are ready, I will be too.
I know most of this you probably already knew, but it was on my mind and since I was here missing you, I thought I would speak on it so maybe we can be better together the next time I see you.