Top 10 Relationship Do-overs (From The Matchmaking DUO)
Have you ever had a fleeting thought of that special someone from the past and instantly wished you had a time capsule? Was there a specific memory that made you wish you could have one more chance to change things, a do-over so to speak, or as we like to call them DUOovers. Well recently, we took the time to interview a number of individuals and we asked them if they had to do it all over again, what would they do differently. After compiling our list of responses, here are the Top 10 Relationship DUOovers.
- I wouldn’t take my mate for granted
- I would make more of an effort to ensure my mate felt valued
- I would listen more
- I would create more intimacy
- I would find more “us” time
- I would make our blended family more cohesive
- I would be more accepting and less critical
- I would be more supportive of their dreams and goals
- I would meet them where they are and not where ” I ” think they should be
- I would make them my EXCLUSIVE mate
In many cases, we are not fortunate enough to have a DUOver. If any of these responses resonated with you, it may be time to reevaluate your current relationship and make the necessary adjustments before it’s too late. Time capsules don’t really exist, and DUOvers are not always an option.
The Matchmaking DUO are a set of North Carolina based professional matchmakers. Kelli Fisher and Tana Gilmore provide matchmaking services personally designed to accommodate busy, successful professionals who are seeking long-term love.