Most Stylish Women & Men: Golden Globes 2013
It’s awards season again and this means that the gowns and tuxes are out! We look to the celebrities to shine and set the tone for formal fashion for the year during this season. Here are some of my personal favorites from this past weekend’s Golden Globes Awards for women and men.
Be on the lookout for these dresses as look-alikes for weddings, formal events, proms, and more.
1. Anne Hathaway- in Chanel the Les Miserable winner went for a winter white strapless number that fits her shape and has texture to give her look character to go with her pixie cut. You can do the same look with an up do and dramatic earrings to set it off.
2. Kerry Washington– Kerry looked posh in her Miu Miu flesh colored dress with strategically placed blinged embroidery. It has sophistication with a youthful sexiness that helps this look come together; plus that color is good on her skin tone. Where what colors flatter your tone then build the outfit up, ladies.
3. Jessica Alba– Jessica rocked this coral orange Oscar de la Renta gown with a statement bag to coordinate with it. The fit on the gown is trumpet style, and she wore most of her hair to one side. Fit and flare styles like this work for many body types.
You know who were killing me with the overdoing of the high slit Angelina Jolie leg? Eva Longoria, Heidi Klum, Lea Michele. It was done…last year. This year make a statement by being originally you, not copying off of everyone else.
There were some dapper dudes on the red carpet that I’d like to mention as well.
4. Bradley Cooper– wearing a Tom Ford suit, a man’s look on the red carpet is all about the little details. He’s showing his cuffs, the boxy bow tie, and the black buttons to match the suit jacket. Details are key, fellas.
5. Casper Smart– I’ll note him because he represents a younger generation at the Golden Globes, his no tie, white jacket with unbuttoned shirt say sexy rebel in this look; having a stunner like Jennifer Lopez would make you feel like a sexy rebel too. Not the black handkerchief in his breast pocket to bring the colors together, kudos my man.
6. Ryan Seacrest– he went an alternative route with a grey suit with black and white accents. I like the material used for his suit and the bow tie is well proportioned with the rest of his look (and height). Men, wear ties and bowties that work with your height and your size, proportion is key!
Images courtesy of PopSugar.com and JustJared.com