1. MY AGE – At 40 I’ve come to clearly know my strengths and I play to them. I have no need to compete because I live by the law of attraction. So if you get something good, then do the damn thang….shoot, mine has already come or is just around the corner.
2. MY SIZE - I know smaller chicks would like to think that I’m jealous of their bodies. Here’s the latest memo - SEXY IS NOT A SIZE!! I don’t need to look like YOU to work it like ME! I’m happy to see sistas look lovely and stunning. Shoot I’m the first one to give compliments. But like I said in #1, I play to my strengths so we can ‘catwalk’ together boo boo!
3. MY CONVICTIONS - At my core I’m an humanist. My passion is assisting others on their path to self discovery in love and life. Now how the hell imma do dat while hating??!! I’m not just SAYING something to be popular. I live this ish! In fact, you are looking at the living proof (BlackLoveForum.com).
4. MY STANDARDS – I’m a bit of a perfectionist with kinda high standards (don’t judge me). What that means is that I hold myself and others to a higher standards. Sometimes those standards are unreasonable or unattainable for many. So when I don’t give you kudos, its not cause I’m not hating…its because my standards for success are higher than yours. But here is another STONE-COLD TRUTH. Who the hell am I? Don’t use me for your measuring stick. If you think your joint is poppin, then roll with it…but stop asking for my opinion when what you want is validation! And certainly don’t call me a hater cause I’m not buying what you’re selling.
5. MY SCHEDULE – This one is simple, who has the time or energy to hate?? Not me and probably not SHE either.
6. MY INSTINCTS – If I don’t seem like I’m my warm and fuzzy self, maybe something about a situation has set me on edge and I want to play it safe. When I can’t get a good read on a something or someone, I steer clear. Mainly cause I don’t like ish wrecking my flow! If my gut reaction is bad, I shut down. I’m not hating on you, I’m just not feeling you or that the situation.
7. MY OPINIONS – I’m sure you can tell by I’m a tiny bit opinionated (that is all I will admit to). So when I don’t have anything nice to tell you, I just don’t speak on it. I’m all for constructive criticism, but not every kind of criticism is necessary. PARTICULARLY when it serves no purpose for personal growth. I’m usually gushing with compliments, so if I don’t offer you one…I don’t have one. Take my silence as a kindness. Don’t probe me, cause my filters are shot and you might not like how my answer lands. Doesn’t make me a hater just means somebody forgot to install filters on my mouth-piece.
8. MY PRIORITIES – With my hella hectic life I HAVE to prioritize where I spend my energy, and negativity doesn’t make the cut. Why spend time on something that doesn’t move me forward? So here’s the deal, if you aren’t My Dude, My Fam, My Peeps or I’m not making paper off you…then guess what???!!! “YOU A NON F’N FACTOR…” (in my Evelyn Lozada voice)!
I KNOW the word police are going to get me, but I couldn’t keep this as short as I wanted — I just couldn’t contain myself. On the next post, J.Steezy may take a chill pill, but one thing is for sure. SHE WILL BE BACK!!!